- Centralized Web Management Portal
- Highly Available Central Management with Automatic Failover
- Bulk VM Import and Export
- API Interface
- Fast and Simple Deployment
- Multi-tenant Virtual Data Centers
- Integrated Management Tools
Centralized Web Management Portal
- Mobile-friendly, responsive HTML5 web interface that manages Danube Cloud data centers.
- Provides a complete overview of used physical and virtual resources.
- User and group access management.
- Virtual machine console (including windows GUI) is available through any HTML5 web browser.
- History of executed tasks is clearly displayed in the task log.
Highly Available Central Management with Automatic Failover
Bulk VM Import and Export
Fast and Simple Deployment
- USB drives
- memory cards
- network (ideal for mass deployment scenarios where USB does not scale)
A newly mounted physical server is automatically discovered and added to the management portal upon its first boot.
Multi-tenant Virtual Data Centers
Integrated Management Tools
The concept of container virtualization is more than two decades old, but was not widespread that much until recently. Containers are best used with microservice style applications. By running a single and relatively small application in a container, the overall usage of computing resources is much lower compared to classical virtualization where running a dedicated OS can consume more resources than the application itself. Danube Cloud allows users to run containers and HW virtualization on the same host as virtual machines, which rapidly reduces the complexity of IT infrastructure.
- Fully virtualized networking. Each customer can have his own networks in his virtual data center, independent and separated from other customers.
- Automatic network IP plan for virtual machines. You only define a network subnet and Danube Cloud takes care of everything else.
- Automatic VM network configuration. IP addresses are automatically assigned and configured to VM during creation. It is OS independent and fully customizable if necessary.
- Auto DNS management. Forward and reverse DNS records are automatically created for every new virtual machine. These records are instantly available for use.
- Automatic IP spoofing prevention that will allow to pass only IP addresses that are assigned to a virtual machine. The network anti-spoofing also protects the VM from unusual IP traffic.
Danube Cloud does not rely on any external storage, thus it helps to prevent creating a single point of failure. Each virtual machine resides on compute node’s local storage with optional replication to a backup compute node. For I/O-intensive applications, external storage can be attached via iSCSI or Fibre Channel.
At the moment, QLogic (4Gbps, 8Gbps and 10Gbps CNA) and Emulex FC HBAs (8Gbps and 16Gbps) are supported.
By using incremental-forever type of backups, you need to do a full backup of any virtual machine only once per its lifetime. Subsequent VM backups are incremental, which tremendously decreases the amount of data transferred over network. Your disaster recovery setup has never been easier.
Furthermore, virtual machine backups and snapshots support a filesystem freeze (to ensure filesystem consistency) and running a custom script using an OS agent inside the virtual machine (to ensure application consistency). Windows Volume Shadow Copy (VSS) is also supported.
VM Images and Image Repositories
With Danube Cloud, system administrators can easily access preconfigured images from various (internal or external) image repositories, and thus speed up installation of servers and services.
Cloud and Data Security
- hypervisor level – virtual machines run inside containers what provides additional separation of customer data compared to other virtualization solutions;
- network level – each virtual data center has it’s own distributed private networking separated from other networks; in public networks, anti-spoofing protection forbids virtual machines to communicate using IP/MAC addresses that don’t belong to them;
- filesystem level – data are carefully managed and protected by the next generation enterprise file system and volume manager – ZFS;
- data center level – all data centers may have their own dedicated CPU, storage and memory resources; alternatively they may share resources with limits in a secure way.
Automatic Monitoring and Alerting
- physical hardware;
- compute node software;
- agentless monitoring of virtual machines and containers;
- agent-based customizable monitoring of virtual machines and containers.
Configuration of advanced monitoring solutions is labour-intensive task and usually comes with initial configuration difficulties. These problems are largely eliminated by the monitoring system integrated into Danube Cloud. The monitoring solution bundled with Danube Cloud is automatically configured from the beginning, yet it allows to create complex monitoring templates.
Thanks to well defined triggers, you are able to receive early warnings about issues in your system. Notifications may help you to prevent periods of unplanned downtime. Notifications can be sent using multiple channels (e.g. by email or SMS).
Using our bundled and tailored Zabbix-based monitoring software, you can easily integrate Danube Cloud monitoring with your monitoring platform. This can be done either using a Zabbix Proxy or a custom Zabbix server per virtual data center.
Email, SMS and XMPP alerting is available through our alerting solution called Ludolph. Additionally, it may be utilized to communicate with the monitoring system; giving the user a quick overview of data center status, setting planned maintenance periods and much more. More alerting options (mobile push notifications) and integration scenarios with external services are possible, and are thoroughly explained in the Danube Cloud user guide.